Architectures and Systems for Automotive, Aeronautic, Space and Intelligent Transportation (ASAASIT)
Download the call for papers in pdf format »
Special Session Scope
Digital systems in intelligent transportation systems (ITS) are becoming increasingly complex. New applications for these ITS have emerged to cope with societal needs and to ensure driver and passenger safety. Applications such as Autonomous cars, Vehicle-to-X (V2X) communications, in-vehicle infotainment, and assistance for elderly and disabled drivers require powerful processing and communication capabilities. Moreover, modern transport tools play a leading role in strategically worldwide projects such as green and sustainable mobility in future smart cities and smart roads. To fulfill these tasks, high performance, low energy consumption and high reliability and security are significantly required.
In addition to ITS, Digital systems became an ever more important in Aeronautics and Space applications. The roadmap for research institutes and space-based industrial partners strongly determine the need for new generations of high-performance space proven digital signal processing accelerators.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- System architecture & software design for ITS: Multicore, FPGA, GPU and heterogeneous systems.
- Safety, Security and Reliability. Assessment and detection of security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Development methods for advanced driver assistance systems.
- Design methods and tool-chains for embedded systems in autonomous vehicles and active safety.
- Architectural design and optimization for EVs and HEVs.
- Energy-efficient vehicles, connected vehicles and infrastructure design, energy generation and saving.
- Hardware and software solutions for run-time system management, self-diagnostics and repair.
- New architectures, protocols and implementations for communicating vehicles (V2X) and infrastructures.
- Digital systems and circuits for smart cities and smart roads.
- Digital systems and circuits for aeronautics and space applications.
- Applications in aeronautics area: space mission experiments, navigations, communication, safety. and technology-demonstrations.
- Machine and Deep Learning for transportation and space applications: Hardware accelerators, GPU, Multi-cores, etc.
Special Session Chairs
S. Niar (Université de Valenciennes, FR) – chair
H. R. Pourshaghaghi (Eindhoven University of Technology, FR) – co-chair
I. Alouani (Université de Valenciennes, FR) – co-chair
Special Session Program Committee